Click here to read TSR's post on Danielleisms and find out the top 5 accessories for fashionable sports fans on game day!
If you’re anything like me, you’re a sports fan, but you don’t necessarily own a jersey or have enough accessories in your closet to show your team spirit. A great way to show you pride is through your makeup! It can be tricky and go very wrong if your team has funky colors. You don’t want to end up looking clownish at the bar or while cheering in the stands. No need to worry though, Danielleisms is here to make sure you look your best on game day.
For this LSU Tigers look I chose to use purple as my main color. Purple is very complimentary on all eye colors and most skin tones. I used the yellow in the inner corner to accent the purple. If using yellow scares you, try using a yellow-toned gold for a less bold look . On my lips I used a very sheer, shimmery berry gloss.
I paid tribute to the reigning Super Bowl Champions, the New York Giants, by using medium and deep blues on my eyelids and highlighted my tear duct area and brow bone with a shimmery white. I chose to line my lower lash line with a bold red. Since my eyes have so much color I chose a nude lipstick and shimmery peach gloss. If you prefer not to wear red on the eyes, go for a red lip stain or gloss to show your NY pride.
- Use a tinted moisturizer or foundation with SPF, especially if you’re going to be outdoors watching the game. If your foundation doesn’t have SPF, be sure to apply sunscreen first.
- Pick one color to be your focus. I don’t recommend always using all the team colors on your eyes. You can use blush or lip products to bring in accent colors.
- If possible, work with your skin tone and eye color. If your team colors are blue and orange and you have blue eyes, using a lot of blue eye shadow isn’t ideal. Opt for burnt oranges to make your eyes pop and consider a blue mascara or liner as the accent color. If you’re not sure which colors complement each other, consult a color wheel!
- Coastal Scents Original 88 palette is a great starter eye shadow kit with a large variety of colors ranging from funky blues to pretty, shimmery neutrals and is available on Amazon for under $20.
- If you’re looking to splurge, Urban Decay’s new Vice Palette offers 20 highly pigmented and blendable colors great for creating bright, bold looks.
- Eye shadow primer is key for making your bright colors really pop and last all day and night! Try Urban Decay’s Primer Potion as a base for your eye shadows.
- Laura Mercier’s Tinted Moisturizer is a great lightweight product to wear on your face and has SPF 20 to help protect your skin from the sun while providing light coverage.
For more beauty and style tips, be sure to visit Danielleisms.com and subscribe to our YouTube channel for fun beauty videos and tutorials!