For most people, the end of the year is a time of self-reflection and introspection. It's a moment to ponder life's big questions and where we each stand in the world. As you craft your list of resolutions for 2014, ask yourself: Am I the sports fan I want to be? Have I represented my team in a way I can be proud of? If the answer is no, kinda, maybe, I dunno, huh or what time is the game on?, The Style Ref is here to help.
The Great 8 is a list of New Year's resolutions for the not-so-fashionable sports fan in 2014. Commit to these goals and no matter what next season brings, you'll always look like a winner.
1. Toss old fan gear that doesn't fit, isn't flattering or you didn't wear at all last season. Seriously: Throw. It. Out.
2. Invest in three key pieces that every sports fan should have in their closet: a team jersey, t-shirt and sweater. This way, you're prepared for gameday anywhere, in any weather.
3. Prioritize your teams and buy gear in your top two favorite teams first.
4. Use Pinterest, Springpad or even plain bookmarks to keep track of items you like online, so you can quickly find exactly what you want when you're ready to purchase.
5. Ladies, don't buy any team gear in pink or a men's/unisex size. Stay true to your team colors and your unique shape.
6. Guys, there's so much more our there for you than just t-shirts. Take your sports fan style to another level with cardigans, dress shirts, tanks, belts, ties and more!
7. Don't overdo it like this guy - limit yourself to no more than three team branded items in a single outfit. Seriously, count them. Also, use team colors to bring your look together.
8. Most importantly, subscribe to The Style Ref, so you're always up to date on the best sports fan fashion and style!
Are you going to incorporate any of The Great 8 into your 2014 resolutions? Happy New Year!
The Style Ref