- Keeps hot drinks hot and cold drinks cold
- Virtually unbreakable
- Microwave, dishwasher and freezer safe
- Reduces condensation
- Personalized to reflect any hobby or interest
After learning this cup was in fact, no ordinary cup, TSR decided to put Tervis to the test. Does it really deliver on all these features? If so, this would be a perfect example of function meets fashion: a product that eliminates tepid drinks from daily life and does it in style.
|Special thanks to Tervis for providing a brand
24 oz. polka dot tumbler for the product test! Go Rays!
|Question #1: |
How long does it keep hot drinks hot?
|This is a 24 oz. tumbler, so this is about |
12 oz. of instant coffee made with hot water.
Results: The coffee kept warm for about 50 minutes, plenty of time to enjoy it at a reasonable temperature. The tumbler also stayed cool to the touch, so there was no need to hold it with a sleeve or napkin.
|Question #2: |
How long does it keep cold drinks cold?
|Since the soda was room temperature, |
ice was used to chill the drink.
|A full can of soda with ice |
fills about 3/4 of the tumbler.
|Hours later after the ice had halfway melted.|
Results: The soda kept cold for hours and got even colder as time passed. Even after the ice melted, it wasn't necessary to add more.
|4 out of 5 whistles!|
Tervis is good for hot drinks, but even better for cold drinks. No getting up for more ice! Plus, it's a great statement for on-the-go sports fans in need of some subtle team flair.
Giveaway Alert: Tervis is giving one thirsty TSR reader a tumbler of his/her choice from the MLB collection in honor of baseball season! These are just some of the designs you can choose from on tervis.com (*subject to availability):
To enter, you must do ALL of the following by Friday, May 11:
1) Comment on this post with your name and e-mail to confirm your entry.
2) "Like" The Style Ref and Tervis on Facebook. (If you already do, you're all set!)
3) For an extra entry, tweet or status: Just entered @TheStyleRef giveaway because I want to root for the [insert your favorite MLB team] with @Tervis! *@TervisTumbler on Twitter
The deadline to enter is Friday, May 11. The winner will be randomly selected and notified via e-mail.
Want to see more of Tervis' great designs? Visit tervis.com!
The Style Ref