Most women are guilty of building an entire outfit around a necklace, a pair of shoes or some other item in their closet that they just have to wear. When it comes to gameday fashion, there are so many hat styles and designs for every team, but not every hat complements every outfit. Like any statement piece, it requires some planning, so TSR's advice is to start with your favorite hat and work your way down.
Fanatics.com is one of the best places to shop for baseball team hats, so TSR built an outfit around a stylish Tampa Bay Rays hat from their selection. It's not a traditional baseball cap, but the classic military style is flattering on everyone and the sequined logo adds a slight feminine flair.
Need some help building your gameday outfit around your favorite hat? Check out these 5 quick tips:
1. Make your hat the star of the show. Keep the rest of your outfit simple.
2. Incorporate contrasting colors, so whatever color your hat is, focus on using your team's other colors for the rest of your ensemble.
3. Opt for understated earrings like studs or small hoops.
4. Hats are practical as well as fashionable because they shade your face from the sun. However, if you're going to be outdoors, don't forget sunglasses. You still need to protect your eyes from the glare!
5. Work it! Hats aren't for everyone; they require a little extra swagger to pull off, so don't be afraid to show it.
Do you like to wear hats on gameday?
The Style Ref